What is the 5th Grade Exhibition?
As the culminating Primary Years Program (PYP) experience, it is required that the Exhibition reflects all the major features of the IB program. The PYP Exhibition offers students the opportunity to:
- Engage in collaborative, in-depth inquiry about a significant, relevant issue
- Demonstrate independence and responsibility for their own learning
- Explore multiple perspectives about an issue
- Synthesize and apply their learning of previous years
- Reflect on themselves as internationally-minded students
- Demonstrate their understanding in an authentic situation
- Show how they can take action as a result of their learning
- Unite with teachers, parents and other members of the school community in a cooperative experience that incorporates the essential elements of the PYP: Knowledge, Learner Profiles/Attitudes, Key Concepts, Approaches to Learning, Action
- Celebrate their transition from primary to middle/secondary education
Exhibition Presentations from 2018
Exhibition is a culmination of everything a student has learned through the PYP years. It is important to the entire school community, and is assessed by all members.
Students will reflect orally and in writing throughout the Exhibition process. They will record how they’re doing and set goals for themselves and their group.
They will be required to assess themselves, and their peers, on all elements of the IB philosophy (Knowledge, Learner Profiles/Attitudes, Key Concepts, Approaches to Learning and Action). Teachers and mentors will also keep records of what they are observing throughout the different phases of the process.
During and after the presentation phase, students will be assessed by other students in the school, teachers, parents and community members.